Creamware Pendant Light
The Creamware Pendant is the newest addition to the growing deVOL lighting range.
- Each light is cast using a smooth white earthenware clay and is hand-painted with a glossy cream glaze, by Claire in the Cotes Mill Studio.
- Finished with antiqued brass fittings and brown twisted fabric flex cord, these lights have all the unique qualities of vintage ceramic pendant lights and simple creamware crockery often found in traditional French farmhouses.
- The glossy cream, glass-like glaze subtly crazes over time, producing an authentic and timeworn look. This crazing can continue developing underneath the glaze surface for up to three weeks after firing, with the occasional ‘ping’ as another delicate line forms small cracks in the glaze, which is only visible at certain angles.
- Finding ceramic pendant lights to hang in your home can be a challenge and trying to achieve an authentic and aged feel can be difficult as so many lights are now mass-manufactured and finished a little too perfectly.
- Each light is supplied with a ceiling rose 4 1⁄4" in diameter, mounting plate and screws.
- The ceiling rose and mounting plate only fit a 4" octagonal junction box.